Perfect Medical respects your legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using, processing and transmitting Personal Data. We are legally required to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region when collecting, holding, using and/or processing your Personal Data. This page explains our privacy practices.
1. Collection of personal data
Your application for our services may be subject to assessment and verification of your personal details. If we regard results of such checking as unsatisfactory, we will not enter into an agreement with you. Under certain circumstances, data provided by you will be validated by using generally accepted practice. We may also require you to show the original documentation before the data may be used, such as personal identification documents and/or proof of address.
The types of personal data that we collect will depend on the nature of your dealings with us. We may collect personal data from you including, but not limited to:
- a. when you register for our membership;
- b. when you register to use, or enter information into, any of our interactive or online services (for example, our blogs and forums);
- c. when you register to attend any of our events;
- d. when you purchase goods and services from us; and
- e. when you correspond with us, using this website (the “Website”), or any other means.
We may, ourselves or through any of our affiliated, associated, related, subsidiary companies and/or companies under the common control of our ultimate holding company (the “Group Companies”), also collect your personal data from a variety of other sources including, but not limited to, from:
- a. you directly;
- b. you when you visit other websites operated by a Group Company, use services or products offered by us or a Group Company or make a purchase from us or a Group Company; and
- c. commercially available sources.
In addition to any other details, we may collect:
- a. account registration information, including your name, title, contact numbers (mobile), postal address and email address;
- b. billing information, transaction and credit card information (if you make a purchase from us);
- c. shipping information (if you make a purchase from us); records of correspondence between you and us; and
- d. information about your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and services and contact preferences in order to provide you with further information about our products and services.
All information we collect about you, and all information collected by a Group Company about you, may be combined with other information about you held by us or any Group Company. Please take note that most of the goods and services, information, and marketing and promotional materials provided on our Website are not directed towards children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before providing us with any of your personal data.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected
As a customer of our company, or a visitor or user of our website(s), it may be necessary for you to provide us with your personal data when you apply to us and/or continue to subscribe with us for any service and/or product. If your personal data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the services to you. We shall keep your personal data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data will be in accordance with requirements under the Ordinance and this Statement. We may use and retain the personal data provided by you for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time.
We collect your personal data so that we can provide our products and services, and also conduct our business. The uses include, but are not limited to:
- a. to provide you with various goods and services offered by us and our Group Companies, marketing and promotional materials, event information and e-shopping items;
- b. to handle and follow up with service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- c. to contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Website and to respond to your enquiry or request;
- d. to assist us with developments for future marketing purposes and/or joint promotion events with third parties;
- e. to verify the identities of the users of the Website; and
- f. to obtain statistics about our users to analyze site usage in order to help its further development.
Although you are not obliged to provide the data or information as may be requested on the Website, failure to provide such data or information may result in our inability to provide you with our or our 'Group Companies' products and services, information, or marketing and promotional materials.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data to or with third parties. However, your personal data may be disclosed by us to other persons in the circumstances described below:
- a. to any third-party suppliers of goods and services who have been duly authorized by us to use your personal data and who will facilitate our business. Our third-party suppliers will be contractually bound to use your personal data in accordance with the terms of our service agreement with them, and all laws and regulations which apply to those third-party suppliers in the territories in which they operate;
- b. to our agents who will be acting on our behalf in the conduct of our business;
- c. to our Group Companies so that you may be provided by us or a Group Company with information about products and services offered by us and/or the Group Companies and/or so that we and the Group Companies may provide goods and services to each other in the conduct of our respective businesses;
- d. where we deem it necessary to protect and defend our rights and property;
- e. where we consider we are required to do so in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations; and
- f. where we deem necessary in order to maintain or improve our services.
3. Security of Personal Data
The protection of your personal data collected is a priority for us. We will always strive to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized access. We have implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure your personal data.
We are based in Hong Kong. Your personal data may be accessed by us or transferred by us to and accessed by any third parties listed above in Hong Kong or elsewhere in the world. All personal data provided by you will be encrypted and transferred to our servers or other servers of third parties who are duly authorized by us. Such personal data are only accessible by our own or our authorized third party's personnel, and such personnel will be instructed to observe the terms of this Privacy Statement when accessing such personal data.
Although we will do our best to protect and secure your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted over the internet or any telecommunications networks, and you transfer your personal data to us at your own risk.
4. Access or Correction of Personal Data
You may at any time request access to, and request us to make amendments to, your personal data stored in our records. To exercise your rights, please visit our shops for assistance.
In the event that you wish to access or amend your personal data, we may request you provide personal details in order to verify your identity. We will endeavour to respond to your request within ten business days and we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so according to amended section 28.
Should you have any enquiries concerning this Statement, please feel free to contact our customer services manager.
Perfect Medical Limited
Tel: (+852) 2782 0550